In principle, aliens entering into China should apply for visas in advance to the Embassies and Consulates of the People’s Republic of China in other countries, or the Offices of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China in Hong Kong, or Macau Special Administrative Regions, or other resident agencies abroad authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China
Except as otherwise required in this regard, applicants may, under the circumstance where they must necessarily rush to China but have no time for visas application to the authorized agencies in their residential areas, apply for visas during your transfers prior to arrival in China to the agencies mentioned above.
Aliens who hold ordinary passports issued by the countries which have diplomatic relations or official trade links with China as well as letter(s) or telegram(s) from authorized units in China, may, under any of the following circumstances where they must necessarily rush to China but have no time for visa application to the aforesaid agencies, apply to the visa-granting departments at entry ports authorized by the Ministry of Public Security of China:
(1) They are invited at the last moment by a Chinese host to come to China for a trade fair;
(2) They are invited to come to China to submit a tender or sign a formal economic or trade contract;
(3) They come to China by appointment to supervise the inspection of import and export commodities or to participate in a contractual check-and-accept operation;
(4) They are invited to participate in the installation of equipment or in the emergency repair of engineering projects;
(5) They are invited to come to China at the request of the Chinese side to solve a problem of claims;
(6) They are invited to come to provide technical advisory services;
(7) They are invited to come to China due to a last-minute change in the composition of a visiting group and with consent of the Chinese side after the visas are granted;
(8) They come to China to see patients in critical conditions, or to undertake funeral matters;
(9) Owing to the irresistible factors, transit visa holders cannot leave the country within 24 hours by taking the original plane or by taking other means of transport;
(10) Other invited guests who really have no time for visa application to the aforesaid agencies, and who hold letter(s) or telegram(s) from competent authorities who give the consent for the invited guests to apply for the visa at the designated entry ports.
Visa applications may be declined at entry ports, provided the applications are not submitted under the circumstances mentioned above, and the applicant shall bear the responsibility for all consequences.