Application for Permanent Residence in China for Aliens Who Have Been Engaged in Direct Investment in China and the Investment Status Has Maintained Stable for Three Consecutive Years and Have Shown a Good Tax Paying Record
Applicant shall fill in the Form of Application for Permanent Residence in China truthfully and present the following material:
(1) Valid passport or replacement certificates;
(2) Health Certificate issued by China’s government-assigned health and quarantine department, or Health Certificate issued by foreign health services and authenticated by China’s oversea embassies and consulates;
(3) Notary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions authenticated by China’s oversea embassies and consulates;
(4) Four recently-taken two-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced color photos.
(5) Approval certificate, registration certificate, united annual examination certificate, capital verification report of the enterprise invested by the Applicant and the Applicant’s personal tax payment certificate.
(6) For encouraged foreign-funded enterprises, the Letter of Confirmation of foreign investment project encouraged in China.
Note: 1) Health Certificate shall mean the valid and effective health certificates issued according to relevant provisions of Administrative Measures to the Applicant with regard to his/her physical examination within 6 months before this application.
2) United Annual Examination Certificate shall mean the annual examination to foreign-funded enterprises jointly taken by departments of business, industry and commerce, taxation, customs, and foreign exchange, etc.; Annual Examination Certificate shall mean the certificate of annual examination with regard to the registration certificate that issued by competent authority to other kind of enterprises other than foreign-funded enterprises or that issued by relevant institutions. No matter in what form, the certificates mentioned above issued by competent authorities shall prove that the unit/corporation establishment and operation activities that the Applicant has been involved in during the period as stipulated are legal and effective.
3) Personal Tax Payment Receipt shall mean the certificate proving that the Applicant has paid off complete tax dues within the time limit stipulated in the application conditions. When accepting the application, competent authorities may mainly examine the Applicant’s Personal Tax Payment Receipt where there is any difficulty for public security organs to determine the categories and amount of tax paid by the Applicant within related time limit, or shall confirm actual circs from tax authorities where the relevant tax payment receipt presented by the Applicant is incomplete, lost, doubtful or difficult to identify, etc.
4) Capital Verification Report shall mean the certificate issued by governmental auditing department or competent specialized agency proving that the Applicant’s investment has been paid into and as registered capital.
Permit for Permanent Residence in China is the valid identity document for residence in China given to the aliens who have obtained the qualification to permanently reside in China. It can be used alone. The holder can freely enter and leave China with this Permit and valid passport.
The aliens who have been approved for permanent residence in China can, within scope as stipulated by relevant laws and regulations, choose his/her place of living and/or working and work unit freely, without handling relevant approval, change or relocation formalities nor to re-register the Permit at fixed period. However, he/she shall:
(1) Report accommodation, register and set up offices or domicile place in strict accordance with Law of the People’s Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens and its rules.
(2) Live in China for not less than three months in accumulative total every year.
(3) Carry the Permit for Permanent Residence in China along all the time.
(4) Apply for travel documents when travelling to areas closed to aliens. Any violations will be handled as appropriate by law.
Charged Items and Standard:
1. First issuance:
(1) Applicant shall pay 1500 yuan per capita as fee of application for permanent residence in China when the application is accepted.
(2) Applicant shall pay 300 yuan per Permit as a fee of Permit for Permanent Residence in China upon issuance of the Permit.
2. Change or re-issuance:
(1) Replace as holding the original: 300 yuan per Permit
(2) Reissue for loss reason: 600 yuan per Permit