Application for Permanent Residence in China for Aliens Who Are At or Above Age 60 and Have Been in China for Five Consecutive Years and Resided In China No Less Than Nine Months Every Year and Have Obtained Stable Life guarantee and Domicile While Have No Overseas Linear Relatives and Come to Join the Linear Relatives in China
Applicant shall fill in the Form of Application for Permanent Residence in China truthfully and present the following material:
(1) Valid passport or replacement certificates;
(2) Health Certificate issued by China’s government-assigned health and quarantine department, or Health Certificate issued by foreign health services and authenticated by China’s oversea embassies and consulates;
(3) Notary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions authenticated by China’s oversea embassies and consulates;
(4) Four recently-taken two-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced color photos.
(5) Permanent Household Registration Certificate of the Chinese citizens to be joined or the Permit for Permanent Residence in China of the alien to be joined; notarized Certificate of Relationship and the Applicant’s certificate showing he/she has no overseas linear relatives; notarized financial income certificate of the person to be joined or certificate of financial guarantee of the Applicant; notarized certificate of real estate leasing or ownership of the person to be joined or the Applicant. The above mentioned certificates issued by competent agencies of the Applicant’s native country shall be authenticated by China’s oversea embassies and consulates in that country.
Permit for Permanent Residence in China is the valid identity document for residence in China given to the aliens who have obtained the qualification to permanently reside in China. It can be used alone. The holder can freely enter and leave China with this Permit and valid passport.
The aliens who have been approved for permanent residence in China can, within scope as stipulated by relevant laws and regulations, choose his/her place of living and/or working and work unit freely, without handling relevant approval, change or relocation formalities nor to re-register the Permit at fixed period. However, he/she shall:
(1) Report accommodation, register and set up offices or domicile place in strict accordance with Law of the People’s Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens and its rules.
(2) Live in China for not less than three months in accumulative total every year.
(3) Carry the Permit for Permanent Residence in China along all the time.
(4) Apply for travel documents when travelling to areas closed to aliens. Any violations will be handled as appropriate by law.
Charged Items and Standard:
1. First issuance:
(1) Applicant shall pay 1500 yuan per capita as fee of application for permanent residence in China when the application is accepted.
(2) Applicant shall pay 300 yuan per Permit as a fee of Permit for Permanent Residence in China upon issuance of the Permit.
2. Change or re-issuance:
(1) Replace as holding the original: 300 yuan per Permit
(2) Reissue for loss reason: 600 yuan per Permit