The Distinguished International Students Scholarship is set up by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOEC) to sponsor outstanding international students who have finished their former education for their further study in China. The Secretariat of the China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) is entrusted to be responsible for management of the scheme.
I. Categories of Students and Duration of Scholarship
1. Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 years;
2. Doctor’s Degree Students: 3 years;
II. Eligibility of Applicant
1. Applicants must be international students currently studying in the designated Chinese institutions and in good health.
2. Applicants must have or will complete the former study plan in Chinese universities, be excellent in academic performances with average mark of over 85, be excellent in moral as academic performances, and have been eligible for study as masters or doctors in the former universities or other universities accepting international students under scholarships.
3. Applicants for master degree studies must be under the age of 35, and applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40.
III. Contents and Standards of the Scholarship
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for basic learning materials and accommodation on campus;
2. Medical service at public expense as Chinese students;
3. Monthly allowance is provided at the following rates (RMB per month):
(1) Master degree students: RMB1,100
(2) Doctoral degree students: RMB1,400
IV. Application Procedures and Time
Applicants may apply to the CSC for the scholarship through their universities in China before June 15, 2002.
V. Application Materials
1. The Distinguished International Students Scholarship (printed by CSC) in duplicate;
2. Study plan (not less than 800);
3. Transcripts during the study in Chinese universities.
4. Copies of the Admission Notice for Masters or Doctors;
5. A recommendation letter from the university where the student is currently studying;
6. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (valid for 6 months)
VI. Admission and Notification
The CSC will evaluate and examine the materials submitted by the applicant and officially grant the applicants passing the evaluation and examination the scholarships. The CSC will give the applicant the Award of the Distinguished International Students Scholarship through the recommending universities thereof before August 10.
VII. Contact way of the Department for Coming to China, Secretariat, China Scholarship Council
Address: No. 160, Fuxingmennei Dajie, Beijing, China, 100031
Tel: 0086-10-66413253, 66413132