Jilin Provincial Museum was established in 1951 with the approval of the people's Government of Jilin Province. It was officially opened to the public in Jilin City in 1952 and moved to Changchun City together with the provincial government in 1954. Located at No. 1666 Yongshun Road, Jingyue Development Zone, Changchun City, the Museum covers an area of 32000 square meters. It is a national first-class Museum directly affiliated with Jilin Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism.
Jilin Provincial Museum is a comprehensive museum mainly based on history and art. Stored in the Museum are more than 12,000 pieces (sets) of cultural relics, the best culture-loaded collections ranging from ancient to modern times. Among them, the antiques of Koguryo Kingdom, Balhae Kingdom, and Liao and Jin Dynasties, the Chinese calligraphy works and paintings through the ages, and the cultural relics of the Allied Northeast Anti-Japanese Forces hold a particularly important position in the country. In addition, the Museum features the collections of ceramic wares and Shaman folk relics from the past China. The modern and contemporary collections in the Museum mainly consist of cultural relics of the new democratic revolution period.
SUMMER 9:00—16:30; WINTER 9:00—16:00 (Except Mondays and Holidays)